Acupuncture is the therapy derived from ancient Chinese acupuncture. More commonly understood, traditional Chinese medicine believes that the body is crossed by energy channels, meridians, and that blocking the energy flowing through them is the cause of our diseases and pain. Many years ago, they invented acupuncture, which is done with the help of needles. The needles must be inserted in certain strategic points of the body, they managed to channel the blocked energy, making the patient feel better.
Because acupuncture is very difficult to apply, they realized that there are certain points where the manual application of pressure, instead of needles, also alleviated the patient’s illness. This is where the acupressure begins.
Its application is made as soon as the therapist locates the points. Then put a pressure that lasts between 15-30 seconds. In some cases, you may feel some tingling that will fade as the session progresses.
The most important thing for acupuncture to have beneficial effects on our health is, of course, to find the point with the greatest precision. Accuracy in finding the point where the energy block is is vital if you want to get results using this technique.
The benefits of acupressure are as follows:
- Its role is to fight stress, anxiety, depression, etc., because, with its help, people will be much more relaxed.
- In addition, acupuncture also helps relieve fatigue or muscle aches
- It is also recommended when you suffer from menstrual disorders and discomfort
- Fatigue, mental exhaustion …
- Relax the nervous system.
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Acupuncture is also applied to improve mood
- Addictions such as tobacco, alcohol …
- Helping reduce hot flashes during menopause is one of the benefits of acupuncture.
- Digestive disorders
- And last but not least, it is also useful for recovery after birth.